FTK-TURN belt turning station
Conveyor belts are often used to transport bulk materials over long distances, especially in the stone, soil, mining and brown coal industries.
Despite good scrapers, material residue often remains on the conveyor belt because of striations and minor damage.
The result: large amounts of material accumulate beneath the conveyor belt system in the area of the return rollers, and have to be removed by costly cleaning work involving many workers.
FTK TURN Operating principle
The FTK TURN belt turning station made of highly wear-resistant polyurethane turns the conveyor belt through 180 degrees after material transport directly in the reverse direction or into the lower drum.
Because of the turning process, the inner, clean side of the belt which never comes into contact with the transported material now has its surface facing down towards the ground.
Cleaning is a thing of the past!
Your advantages at a glance:
- Time- and cost-intensive cleaning underneath the belt system is all but unnecessary.
- The time and effort spent checking the belt system is reduced for system staff.
- Wear of the lower belt rollers is reduced.
- The FTK TURN belt turning station does not damage or destroy the belt because it is made exclusively of polyurethane, with no steel in the section where the belt turns.
- The patented twin-trough changeover system has the advantage that the inner trough with the three-part wear insert is inexpensive to replace. The wear elements can be replaced in a few minutes without the use of tools.
- The small size of the FTK TURN belt turning station guarantees it can easily be retrofitted to most common conveyor belt systems.
- Its unique changeover principle means the materials of the different wear inserts of the FTK TURN can be matched to the belt system.
- The three-part wear inserts are made of abrasion-resistant polyurethane. This material is selected by customers to match the belt characteristics and with an eye to a long service life.
Prerequisite for economic use of the FTK TURN belt turning station:
the belt should have a minimum axial spacing of approx. 100 m.